LONDON URBAN TEXTILES COMMONS
Collection of Talks: Principles of the Commons
A series of 3 short talks and discussions is designed to give some context to what we do and what we plan to do at the London Urban Textiles Commons. Starting on 2nd February 2022 7pm book here
We are a collective of Textiles Practitioners based in London, facilitating climate and socially regenerative practise through access to Common Pool Resources.
Join our mailing list
- Principles of the CommonsThis series of 3 short talks and discussions is designed to give some context to what we do and what we plan to do at the London Urban Textiles Commons. Most creative practice is constrained by the capitalist system that practitioners operate within. As textile and fashion creatives developing deep ecology within our work Co-FoundersContinue reading “Principles of the Commons”
- So you may have heard….Have you heard we are going all pants this month
- Space In- Between Festival; Harvest MindshiftJoin us for an immersive discussion and workshop on the future of hyperlocalised textile production, through the lens of deconstructing our personal experiences of clothes. This event will be held at Alice Holloway’s Brixton studio, a semi industrial textile production space where Little Black Pants Club lingerie is made, and the Sweatshop bicycle overlocker isContinue reading “Space In- Between Festival; Harvest Mindshift”
- The first Sweat Shop July 8thTo show people how much effort goes into making their clothes and engage them with the construction process the first London Sweat Shop launched in July this year. By using a bike to power an overlocker participants had a simple sweat shirt pattern cut to their mearurements and then pedaled the bike to run theContinue reading “The first Sweat Shop July 8th”
- Alternative Funding Visioning WorkshopAt the Visioning Event we are starting the process of building a coalition of radical brands that require radical funding strategies.